Sunday, January 24, 2010














Hi all of you out there!
This is the first entry on my first blog ever! I created this blog primarily to celebrate the pages of The Lightning Thief graphic novel, which I must keep secret…for now. Until I can share them, let me show you some pieces from my earlier work.
I started the graphic novel, Spiral, five years ago; it was my first professional job in the industry. The book was eighty pages, fully painted, and took me two years to finish. Spiral was published in French and is available in most major French-speaking markets (France, parts of Canada, Belgium, Switzerland) as well as Hungary. Then I began working with Gabriel Delmas, an extremely talented script writer, on a project named Le Peuple Étrange (“The Strange Folks”). It’s a horror story, similar in tone to the works of H. P. Lovecraft. It is almost done and hopefully will come out this year. But I’ve had to put the working process on hold in order to focus on the Percy Jackson project for Disney ŸHyperion Books. That one’s on a tight deadline, so I really don’t have time for anything else. For The Lightning Thief, I’m just penciling and inking, a first for me (I’ve always done my own painting, too). It has been a great challenge. And still is. To do something for a much younger audience is a lot of fun for me. I’m really excited to show you the results; I hope you won’t have to wait much longer!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Attila,
    I'm in a hurry to see more things in your blog !
    See you
    Anabelle

    ReplyDelete